Monday 5 May 2014

The Only Drugstore Blushes You Need This Spring

Left: Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink #01; Right: Milani Baked Blush in Delizioso Pink #10.


Recently, I've grudgingly swapped quite a few of my winter beauty staples for more Spring appropriate tones.  If you're a seasoned veteran in the world of beauty blogging and Youtube, chances are you've seen more than your fair share of the fan favorite Milani Baked Blush in the shade Luminoso.  Unfortunately, not all of us suit the light peachy pink sheen Luminoso has to offer.  I for one, am way too pale to pull it off.

Fret not!  Milani has several alternatives that are just as gorgeous, including some newer shades.
The first is Dolce Pink (#01) pictured on the left above.  At first glance, it looks alarmingly shimmery but once you apply it, it gives your cheeks the healthiest looking glow.  It's also the perfect universal blush color and is an excellent alternative for those of you who were just as bummed out when they saw the price of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes (you're not alone...).  The pigmentation and quality are great for the price and this blush will definitely carry me through the summer and into the fall.

The second option is one of Milani's newer shades called Delizioso Pink (#10).  This matte blush is hot pink and the color is just as startling as the first one.  When I first applied this, I was just as surprised at how much I loved it.  Even though it's matte, it gives your cheeks amazing dimension and the color can be built up for a little nighttime oomph of drama.  As someone who is too pale to even contour my cheeks without looking muddy, this is a great way to achieve standout cheekbones.  I like to apply both of these with my Real Techniques Blush Brush, starting with a little bit and building it up while blending upward.

In the picture, I'm wearing a little bit of Delizioso Pink, what do you guys think?


Thanks for reading!  Stay tuned for my next post which will be a Spring Topshop haul and don't forget the blog's domain change!
xx.




1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the Milani baked blushes, so pretty and crazy pigmented :-)

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete