Wednesday 7 May 2014

Haul // Topshop & American Apparel

Hey readers!

I thought I'd share with you guys the few things I've gotten from Topshop recently as well as my one purchase from American Apparel.

Because of my intense dislike for hot weather, my purchases are mostly hybrid pieces that can be worn in either winter or spring when paired with the right layers.

On another note, sometimes I shop in the Men's section at Topshop.  I'm not the type of person to draw a line between clothes "meant" for women and clothes "meant" for men.  I also have a strong obsession with anything plaid and for years I've been searching for the perfect red plaid shirt.  The ones in the women's section are always "boyfriend fit" and fit me like a tent, not flattering.

I was stopped in my tracks in the men's section of Topshop when I laid my eyes on the most beautiful red plaid shirt I've ever seen.  Red with a hint of green and yellow, fits all my "personal plaid requirements" and guess what?  It was slim fit and incredibly flattering.  My brother picked up the same one...

In the warmer months, I tend to bring plaid shirts out in the evenings instead of cardigans and/or tie them around my waist.  The toque is also from the men's section and I just loved the color.


T-shirt, toque (men's), socks and crop top all from Topshop.  This post does nothing but solidify my love for basics.  Also, this is the softest t-shirt I've ever worn.


Plaid shirt (men's), hat and shoes all from Topshop as well.  See what I mean?? Perfect...





WARNING: DO NOT break these shoes in on a day you'll be walking around for hours.  They're adorable but my feet are still paying the price.


I grabbed this phone case on my way to the register; my relationship with "pre-cash" goodies is a love/hate type of deal.


This top was from American Apparel and it too is a contender for the softest shirt I've ever worn.  It's a 'one-size fits all' and though it looks like a crop top, it doesn't show any of my stomach and the sleeves are super baggy.  I'll be wearing this all year, guaranteed.

I also snapped a few pictures of some of these puppies in action.



Coat: Zara
Bag: Coccinelle, Italy
Ring: Pandora
Jeggings: American Eagle
Lips: Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paolo






Thanks for reading!  Send me links to your spring hauls, I'd love to see them.
My next post will be a little different ;)
xo/


2 comments:

  1. You go, Topman! haha! In all seriousness though, great haul. I don't think I'd return one thing in this. I, too, have been known to shop in the men's section of a store. I think in some cases the fit is just 900% more flattering.

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything that you picked up, especially that beanie and plaid shirt :-D

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete