Friday 9 May 2014

My Latest Addition


Hey guys!

So I thought I'd show you my latest tattoos now that they're all healed.

I got the letter T on my right wrist in January as a birthday gift and the rose was a graduation gift from Tristan (what a guy).  I had them both done at Adrenaline Tattoos in Vancouver and I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out.

For the rose I wanted it to be done with no outline and look very soft and realistic as if it were a painting.  I also wanted a few rose leaves so the artist made them fit to the natural curve of my forearm and made it look as though they were softly out of focus.

The rose took about two hours and the pain wasn't bad at all, more like a scratchy massage.  I've considered doing a tattoo video but my tattoos are quite personal and I wouldn't explain the reasons behind them; I would just discuss their style, pain level, when I got them, etc.  Still debating on that one...

I also don't believe that tattoos necessarily have to have a deep, personal meaning behind them.  For me, tattoos are art and I wear mine as such.

I've already started thinking about my next few so perhaps I'll do a video after I get another one or two, let me know if that's something you would like to see!

Also, my tattoos were featured on the Tattoologist website today!  I frequent the site a lot and it's so nice to see them posted and share them with others.

Hope you're all having an awesome Friday, thanks for reading!
xo



2 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful. I love the artistry of tattoos, I'm just so indecisive and couldn't imagine what tattoo I would get if anything. I'd end up with a sleeve or two if I could just layer on all the art!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Steph!
      Honestly, back in the day I thought for so long about what I wanted but once you get just one, you start thinking about what else you'd get. If there are several ideas bouncing around in your head, give them all a shot, draw them on your body with sharpie, sprinkle baby powder on top and then spray it with hairspray, it makes a temporary tattoo that lasts over a week (apparently).
      The best part about them is how individual they are. I wear mine like accessories, I love showing them off in short sleeves. If you want it bad enough, I promise you that you won't regret it. Let me know if you have any questions!
      :D

      Delete