Sunday 4 May 2014

My weekend via iphone // Announcement!


Hello to all!

I hope you've all had as good a weekend as I have.  I didn't bring my camera downtown with me this weekend so I thought I'd show you my weekend via iPhone.  

But first, if you haven't already noticed, I made a few changes to my blog layout that I've been wanting to make for quite some time and I'm so pleased with the way they turned out!  I'm one of those people who needs frequent change, and a few subtle adjustments here and there really helped things out.

My *announcement* is that I'm changing the name of my blog.  Yes, I am aware that when you are a blogger, consistency is key; but I can't help that I've grown sick of the name I chose a year ago and as I've mentioned before, it's hard to produce good material for a blog that you're not happy with.

After much deliberation (over a month's worth), I've decided to go plain and simple with my new title and chose my own name for a few reasons.  First, I won't get sick of it; second, I won't get sick of it.  

My blog's address will be changing this week!  If you follow me via Bloglovin or via e-mail, nothing should change for you.  If however, you're someone who actually types my domain into the navigation bar (bless your soul), my new blog site will be changing to www.jessiecardella.blogspot.com sometime within the next week as I'd like to give people a few days chance to read this post.

I hope you all understand, let me know what you think of the new look!
And now, onto my weekend...



1.  Thought I'd start my weekend off with a selfie before heading out Friday night for drinks.  I put false lashes on, I wasn't not going to take a picture.  2. Saturday was gorgeous and rainy in downtown Vancouver and these apartments just looked so perfect.  3. Saturday afternoon, Tristan and I stumbled across a hidden gem of a bakery we'd never been to before.  4. T got a fresh eclair and I got a piece of red velvet cake with a delicious hot cocoa, they were both unreal.  I also picked up something small at American Apparel, stay tuned for peek!



5. When we got home I made some tea and spent a lot of time brainstorming the new blog layout.  
6. Sunday, T helped me with my new banner because he's a photoshop wizard and I love the way it turned out!




7.  Nothing like a bit of Sunday evening editing with a snack.  The new layout is now up and complete (for now!)

Thanks for reading xx.

4 comments:

  1. I understand the need to change blog name but just know that if you have google+ changing url comes with losing all blog comments and few followers too. I found out after but then again it was worth it to have a blog name that I was not gonna get bored of.
    x
    http://myrabev.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I had a similar scenario happen. I started my first blog four years ago and I named it "The Nail Bank", which was all well and good until I became so sick of it. I left it up for a while but my main issue was that it was pretty binding and I felt like I could only post "Nail"... related topics. When I wanted to branch off and start my main blog (stephanieheva) I chose my name (first, and my two middle names) because it was something I could grow and work with for a long time. One thing I want to point out (only trying to be helpful, not rude!) is to consider if you want to include your last name. If you aren't already married, do you plan on changing it? You might get sick of your blog title if it's your "unexciting" married name. I know a lot of my newlywed friends feel this way with anything their maiden name is on like credit cards, drivers licenses, letters in the post, etc.

    I hope you're happy with all of your changes, everything is looking great!!
    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! Thanks for the tip! Truth is, I wasn't give a middle name at all but I don't think my last name sounds too bad. Even if I were to change it eventually, I don't want to anticipate it too much. Trust me, I've had a lot of time to consider :P Then I look at all the women in fashion magazines who are known simply by their first and last names. *Aim high*.

      Thank you so much though, I really appreciate all the tips :D

      Delete