Monday 26 May 2014

Sunday Photo Diary


I had the loveliest, most relaxing day on Sunday.  It was my mother's birthday so I came home to spend some time with her and we ended up baking and picking fresh flowers from the gardens.  It rained all day and the rain drops made the flowers look even more vibrant and beautiful.  Because of this, I got a little camera happy and I thought I'd share my perfect Sunday with you.



So many delicious desserts to choose from!  However, my mom loves carrot cake so we decided to make a Carrot Cake with Pineapple and Coconut.  




Fresh out of the oven! This cake made the house smell absolutely delicious, like a sugar and spice heaven, *drool*.


Toula hasn't had her hair cut in a while and she looked like a little sheep dog!  When she looks like this we prefer to call her "Ralph".


The lilacs in my mother's garden smelled so beautiful that we picked a couple of bunches to put in a vase.
Thanks to the spring rain, the other flowers were just as lovely and some still had yet to bloom.




We also have Meyer Lemons and Calamondin Oranges growing at the house.  The lemons are delicious but the tiny oranges are quite bitter.  So cute!



We picked up a few groceries and I found the Earl Grey Tea motherload... This bag comes with a hundred tea bags.  Fetch the adorable cups and saucers posthaste.
On my nails is Essie's Van D'Go, the most perfect peachy-pink for spring.


My favorite spring snack, a bowl of fresh berries and a cuppa tea.


Here's the finished cake with homemade cream cheese icing!  It was absolutely delicious with the coconut and the pineapple; Plus, everyone knows second-day cake is scrumptious.


I'd like to wish a very happy birthday to my beautiful mother; she's always so supportive and she's the coolest woman I know.  A long-time Vogue peruser, her beauty and style advice is always on point.  She is the reason I still have ample amounts of eyebrow hairs and for this, I will forever be grateful.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and thank you for reading!
xo


4 comments:

  1. These are such GREAT photos! Especially those of the garden, how beautiful! I love photo diaries. Toula/Ralph is adorable and I would like to request a post; perhaps a recipe how-to for that carrot cake? Would LOVE to make one, it looks so yummy!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'll see what I can do, I'll probably throw together a recipe post this week :D I was surprised at how easy it was and I'm a self-admitted "kitchen panicker"

      Delete
  2. Linda Cardella27 May 2014 at 06:18

    Good morning niece,
    Beautiful post... as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos! Looks like you had a lovely sunday!

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back!
    I have a new post everyday!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete