Tuesday 1 October 2013

things I'm loving this month



So September was a super busy month but product-wise I discovered a lot of new things that I ended up absolutely loving and a few things that will for sure be some of my "go-to's".  

In the "hair and body" category I decided to try the L'Oreal EverCreme Sulfate-Free Moisture System Shampoo and Conditioner because I'd heard a lot of great things about it and let me say that they were all absolutely true.  In the winter my hair gets super dry and frizzy and never ever does what I want it to.  This shampoo and conditioner make your hair feel so nice and soft without weighing it down.  I also picked up the mask treatment that goes with the set because I didn't want to splurge on the Moroccan Oil or the Macadamia brand hair masks.  This mask made my hair feel so incredibly soft, I couldn't believe it; I only left it in for 3 minutes and you can bet I'll be using this weekly.  Also, they make your hair smell amazing and the smell lasts till long after you get out of the shower.  I'm also loving the smell of the Victoria's Secret Ultra Moisturizing Hand and Body Cream in Sensual Blush.  The packaging says it smells like "pink lotus and sultry woods" but it just smells ah-mazing.  I'm not into super flower-y scents so this is perfect because it's a sultry-sweet smell and makes your skin super soft.

For makeup this month I'm all about the drugstore finds.  I tried the Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me which is an amazing tinted lip balm and perfect for when you don't want to fuss over lipstick but need a little color.  But for when you do want some lipstick, try the Kate Moss by Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in #107, it's the perfect deep, dark, velvety red for fall and I have the urge to wear it every day.  I also tried the constantly-raved about Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk to put on my lower water line.  It's not too bright of a white liner and when paired with the right concealer it just makes you look so much more awake which is perfect when you're in school.  Last, for makeup removal I finally got around to trying the Bioderma Micellar Solution Purifying Cleansing Water.  It takes all of your makeup off perfectly without making your skin feel gross because it's a cleansing water.  It's just magic.

Last but not least, some non-beauty favorites this month are the Tazo Loose Leaf Tea in English Breakfast, this has taken over coffee's position as my morning beverage of choice, but let's face it, I drink this stuff all day.  Finally, did you really think I wouldn't put a candle in here?  Bath and Body Works' Pumpkin Hayride Candle is in my opinion, the ultimate fall smell.  It's spicy and sweet and outdoorsy, it's everything you want in a fall candle.  Plus, it makes the room smell even when it isn't lit, which is why I love Bath and Body Works candles.

That felt like a lotta stuff.  Thanks for reading and let me know if you've tried any of the products above and enjoyed/hated them!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment