Saturday 26 October 2013

friday night makeup

I had a casual outing on Friday night with some friends and I wanted to go super simple with my makeup and use minimal products.

I decided to try out my brand new Clinique eyeshadow single in #02 Black Honey.  I wanted this eyeshadow for so long and I looked around for quite a while to find a potential dupe for it.  There are some drugstore shadows that rival this super shimmery burgundy-flecked dark brown but none of them have quite as much shimmer and are too dark to wear on their own.
This Clinique shadow can be worn as an everyday look by itself or on the lid with a taupe or brown shadow in the crease for a smokier look.  You could even use this to blend out a red shadow like MAC's Cranberry or the Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk if you're daring enough to try red shadows!
I love this shadow because it's nicely pigmented and you can swipe on one layer for lighter color or layer it up and make it darker.  If you have green or hazel coloured eyes I would really recommend this one or another brown shadow with red tones in it.  Definitely one of my new fall staples along with Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation which brightens up dull skin!
Clinique Single Eyeshadow in #02 Black Honey




Also, I finally put up my fairy lights!  Hopefully Pinecone doesn't go for them or we'll have a real-life version of the "fried pussycat" scene in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...

5 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blog! And those lights look so cozy xxx

    www.magdalennes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! They do make my room much cozier but my cat loves them just as much as I do haha :P which is not a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I'm working on getting my fairy lights up too haha they look gorgeous in your room! and that eyeshadow looks stunning. love your blog, would you like to follow each other on bloglovin? let me know. xx Kristina
    succhisimples.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristina! I'll definitely throw you a follow :)

      Delete
    2. thanks so much! followed back:)

      Delete