Tuesday 22 October 2013

A warm coat for winter

Hi everyone!

So remember how I was telling you about that rather large Topshop purchase I made?  Here it is!  I needed a new winter coat and thought that something more on the casual side suited my needs better since I already have a nice heavy, fitted black coat for when I want to look nice.

This coat is great because it's lined with "borg" lining which continues inside the hood and it has a fur-trimmed hood.  The fur doesn't continue into the arms so you won't get too hot while wearing this, however the warm lining goes into sleeves.  As if that wasn't great enough, the lining can also come out and both shells can be worn on their own.  The lining comes out and becomes a smaller, borg-lined jacket with a fur-trimmed hood and the exterior shell can be worn as a basic, thin, green-khaki jacket.

Another reason why I love it so much it because it's longer than most parkas, meaning that when you sit down in it, it actually covers your butt.  This way, you won't get the shock of your life when you sit on a cold surface, which happens too often to the best of us.

Now I just need to wait till it gets cold enough to wear which might not be awhile considering how mild Vancouver weather is...

Whatever, I still love it.



This is what the lining looks like if you were to take it out of the jacket.  Unlike a lot of linings, this one is totally wearable on its own!

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment