Monday 18 August 2014

Sunday Afternoon


In my opinion, there is nothing better than having a Sunday off.  For me, Sundays are a reset day; a day where you can stop thinking about the week you had and prepare your mind and spirit for the week ahead.  Sundays are for yummy snacks, hot baths, face masks, at-home manicures, Sunday night TV and comfy pants.  My Sunday started with a delicious brunch, followed by a stop at my favorite macaron cafe.  We then took our usual detour to Chapters and then straight home to the above-mentioned therapeutics.


Days like yesterday serve as a reminder that one day, if I'm lucky enough, I'll have Sundays off.  Today, I'm taking some extended "me-time" to stick my nose in my book, sip my delicious yet over-priced coffee and partake in some kitty snuggles.  Maybe I'll even get around to doing some at-home yoga, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.


5 comments:

  1. I totally agree, sunday is an awesome reset day! I have been living all over the place lately (not literally, but certainly figuratively) and I am so anxious to get myself into a "normal person's" routine. Love the "therapeutics".... I'll call them that from now on ;)

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know girl! I'm honestly waiting for September to come, fall does wonderful things for me mind and body wise. You should pick yourself up some gorgeous stationary to celebrate the start of september and keep an agenda as well as daily lists. Writing a blog is so therapeutic but I feel that writing for oneself alone is also extremely beneficial to get yourself back on track!! :D

      Delete
  2. Sundays are definatly for a day of rest and yours sound perfect! I'm doing a giveaway to mark 1/2 a year if blogging. Details and how to enter at newhautmonde.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. They only had two flavors yesterday so we had Chocolate Caramel Macarons :D They were delicious! Thank you so much ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Sunday is a perfect day to relax :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin, if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks! Best wishes.

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete