Thursday 7 August 2014

The Single Product Smoky Eye



After watching Tati from GlamLife Guru's video on the new Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather Cream Eyeshadows, I thought to myself: "If she's impressed, I'll be impressed".  I picked up the shade Chocolate Suede because realistically, it's the only one I would wear on a daily basis and let me tell ya, I've been wearing it on a daily basis.  

Although it looks slightly metallic in the pot, it goes on matte and surprisingly, it blends well, like really well.  Not to mention the staying power; unlike the rest of my makeup, these cream eyeshadows don't crease, move or fade during an 8-hour shift, which is something I'd expect from a product that was 3x the price.

I love throwing it on when I'm in a hurry but need something on my lids.  I apply it with my ring finger and then spend a couple minutes blending out the edges with my Real Techniques DuoFiber Eye Brush.  After blending it out on my upper lid, Ill take what's leftover on my brush and run it under the outer part of the lower lid to even things out.  Remember kids, a properly blended eye look takes time, even if it's only one product.  On a Friday night, I'll apply a second coat on the outsides of my lids to deepen the color and add a little definition.

Often times I find that when I use several colours to do a smoky eye look, they disappear and it just looks messy.  With this, I feel put together and a little 'Keira Knightley-ish' if I do say so myself.  Fun fact: I've gotten several compliments on my eyes when I've worn this, which never happens.

Long story short: Affordable drugstore product with high-end results.  Two thumbs up from the girl late for work.



2 comments:

  1. I love color tattoo!! And I rarely use it.. How ironic. This post certainly proved that I should break my few out again. I really love that shade "Leather" you've got on, too. It really does look like a smokey eye, and it's just the one product!! So cool! By the way, I remember a little while ago you mentioned you purchased a taupe powder for contouring. I was wondering what you purchased and if you had any luck with it!! I've been looking for a NYX Taupe dupe but it's just not working, LOL.

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA I love the spam. Thanks for the comments and compliments girl! MAC's Taupe is amazing, contouring is now a part of my daily makeup routine, I just feel washed out without it. Unfortunately, it only comes for the pro palettes, so it doesn't have it's own container (don't ask me why). I put it in a pro palette with a bunch of shadows so at least when I lug around the contour powder, I've got a whole set of neutral shadows too :)

      xoxo

      Delete