Friday 15 August 2014

IMATS Haul




Despite the fact that IMATS is geared toward makeup artists who have kits filled with oodles of goodies, I still managed to find a few items I'm really excited about.  Mind you, I was one of the only ones not buying in bulk, and by bulk I mean some chicks had storage containers as shopping baskets...

I started at the Morphe Brushes counter and picked up their Eyebrow Brush M215, their Crease Blending Brush M441, their Face Buffing Brush M439 and their Contour Brush MB30.

I'd never heard of Morphe Brushes before but when I gave them a little feel-up at the counter, I was surprised at the quality.  The buffing brush looks similar to the Zoeva one I've been perusing online and the contour brush reminded me of the gorgeous Nars one everyone goes broke for.  Lets hope these brushes hold up!


While we're on brushes, I may have made a pesky litte stop at the Hakuhodo stand, where I know the brushes are of unreal quality.  They're Japanese and use real hair to give the softest and most flawless blend.  I picked up the Crease Blending Brush made with blue squirrel hair.  This brush may be made from poor little Bucky's fluffy tail but it it by far the softest brush I've ever felt.  Perfect for that quick and even sweep of brown through the crease to give your eyes some definition.


Onto lashes, I lunged at the Red Cherry #43s because they were dirt cheap and splurged on a set of Velour Lashes in Complete Me.  Velour lashes are made with real mink (I know this isn't exactly the most animal-conscious haul), but if taken proper care of, these lashes can be worn up to 25-30 times.  I'll admit they were pricey but these wispy little things will carry me through an upcoming wedding and many a night out.



After leaving IMATS, my craving for actual makeup wasn't satisfied so I made a stop at Sephora and let me tell ya, I wasn't alone.  Half the girls there had IMATS bags slung over their arms and didn't look the slightest bit guilty.
I've already gone through 2 of the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper but recently, I hadn't wanted to splurge on it.  I went for a drugstore liquid liner instead and the last time I was that irritable was when I gave up dairy and carbs.  I've now accepted it as something that needs to be in my makeup bag because it is by far the best liquid liner pen out there.



On my way to pay, I passed by the Nars counter and my eyes were drawn to this blush (isn't that always the way...).
It's the Nars Blush in Amour and it gives the most natural looking flush of color.  I swear by Nars blushes and this will be that perfect Snow White color for me in the winter months.



I don't think I did too bad, what do you think?
Let me know if you've tried any of these and your thoughts, I love hearing from you!
xo.

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOOT! I am so jealous of your Hakuhodo!!! I have been lusting after their brushes for so long. They are gorgeous. It's funny that even with IMATS, Sephora was necessary. But honestly, when is Sephora unnecessary? LOL

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva

    ReplyDelete