Sunday 1 June 2014

Spring Night Out // Going to Market




Last night I went to a restaurant called Market at the Shangri-La Hotel in Vancouver; I'd been before and this time was just as amazing.  

My outfit was quite simple; because we were at dinner I opted for a comfier option and wore my H&M Black Lace Romper with my white Nordstrom Blazer.  I paired those with my Leopard Print Clutch which was actually from the bookstore Chapters if you'll believe it.  It's an excellent alternative to the J Crew one and they look identical.  Unfortunately, I don't think Chapters carries it any more but perhaps they'll bring it back in the fall.  My shoes were an older pair of Nine West Heels that have black ruffles on them.  Sadly, my feet were wrecked by the time I got to the restaurant, thank goodness you eat sitting down.

For accessories I kept it simple: my silver rings and my watch.  For makeup, I went with a brown smokey eye and a nude lip.









A deliciously bubbly French 75 to drink with the most amazing beef tenderloin I've ever had.



My mother ordered the Steelhead Trout with Truffle Mashed Potatoes, *drool*.


Of course, I ordered a side of fries with my steak and like everything else, they were perfect.

We then took a nice stroll down Robson street.  At nighttime, all the trees are lit up with fairy lights, pretty, no?



I hope you're all having a nice weekend!  Stay tuned for some beauty posts this week.
Jessie xx.


7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Gorgeous outfit.. Love the clutch with the playsuit, really looks lovely together.

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo
    ENTER MY GIVEAWAY HERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty outfit! I adore your blog so much x x

    http://kirabassett.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your outfit. It's so classy, hahah I can NEVER manage to look put together on a night out. Maybe I could put in another request (don't feel obligated though!) for how to put together an outfit. I am just so terrible at it. Anyway, the foods you and your Mom ordered look fantastic, and those fairy lights in the trees always make me think of magic! Haven't had my chance this weekend to make the carrot cake, but I purchased all but maybe two ingredients that I don't have and am eagerly waiting for the time! Thanks so much again for that recipe!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny that you ask because I really don't consider myself adequate when putting together outfits! My closet is literally full of basics that are easy to pair with one another. I've thought about doing more outfit posts lately so we'll see! Sunday afternoons are perfect for baking! Then you have cake to cure your case of the Mondays ;)
      Keep me posted!

      Delete
  4. Oh my those mashed potatoes look like heaven! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete