Monday 30 June 2014

Sunday Photo Diary #2: Mimosas and Henna


I had an amazing day on Sunday with some family and friends; it was the perfect one-day "break" I needed from everything.

We started our day at Joe Fortes Seafood and Chop House for brunch where I may have indulged in an Atlantic Lobster Eggs Benny supplemented by more than one mimosa.  Our charismatically awkward waiter saw me taking pictures of the food and brought me a second Mimosa for being "one of those foodie bloggers".  I just went with it and needless to say I was happy go-lucky by the time we left.  






 Due to cloudy weather (or as I call it, perfect weather), I finally got to wear my new Project Social T LA crew-neck sweatshirt from Topshop; arguably, the softest sweatshirt I'll ever wear.






After this we took a trip to the Lower Mainland's "Little India" to have some henna done.  We were all first-timers and overall, pretty impressed!







This was my finished henna before I flaked it off.  Body heat helps deepen the color and unfortunately, I was freezing all afternoon so some parts weren't as dark as I'd have liked but the girl who did it for us was nice enough to give me some henna cones to take home so I'll be experimenting with those!
I loved the way having something on that part of my arms looked, which gets me thinking to some more permanent additions... ;)

Hope you all had a lovely weekend xo

2 comments: