Wednesday 18 June 2014

The Nude Pastel Nail


New jobs: great for income, bad for blogging.  My latest bout of blogging absence has been due to my new job, which so far, has also resulted in a lot of late nights and mediocre outfit choices.  Recently, my health has also had it's ups and downs with one malady leading to another.  Long story short, the only beauty aspect I've managed to maintain for more than a few hours has been my nails.  

I recently made a quick stop at Sephora and was desperate to try their Formula X nail polishes I've heard so much raving about.  As I didn't own any, I decided to start with a beautiful basic color that could carry me through the entire year.  I chose the Sephora Formula X Polish in Thrilling, a lovely cashmere shade that is part of their new range of Nude Pastels.

This. Color. Is. Lovely.  Not to mention, my hands take quite a beating at work and these nails survived well over a week with no more than one chip on each hand.  The application was smooth, opaque and I didn't struggle with streakiness whatsoever.  To boost the staying power and add shine, I used my holy grail Essie Good to Go topcoat.

Thrilling is perfect for giving your nails a break from louder, summer shades.  Not to mention the nude color makes your fingers appear longer.  This is the perfect sophisticated polish and I'll be wearing this through Summer, Fall and next Winter.  Perhaps I'll even add a hint of silver glitter...



What do you think?
xo J.


No comments:

Post a Comment