Saturday 20 July 2013

life lately

Hi guys!

This week has been super stressful because of this huge paper I've been writing :(
Usually I can de-stress with a cup of tea but my skin has been acting up lately and what better reason to give myself a full-blown facial than a brand new toner?!

I steam my pores open about once a week (usually the day I do a face mask/exfoliate).  I boil 5 cups of water and pour it into a Pyrex bowl.  I set the timer on my phone for 10 minutes and sit with my face hovering over the boil of boiling water with a towel over my head to keep the steam in.  It's similar to being in a steam room at a spa or pool so you really have to focus on your breathing and for some it takes a little getting used to.

Afterwards, I dab my face with a towel and while it's still dewy, I put on my face mask.  This week, my pores are a little clogged with the hot weather so I chose a clay mask that I picked up from the Kiko makeup store in Italy.  It's a remineralizing mask that unclogs pores leaving the skin "mattified".  It's not the GlamGlow mask, but it will do!

After 10-15 minutes with the mask, I wash it off in circular motions, doing a little more exfoliating while I'm at it.  Then I sweep my new Michael Todd Blue Green Algae Toner over my skin with a cotton pad and finish up with my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer.

It's a bit of a process, but it feels great and I've noticed much fewer breakouts since I started steaming my pores and drinking more water :)

Here are a few pics from this week, xo

My little steaming set up!

Facial Products
Exfoliator: Sense Rice Bran Polisher; Mask: Kiko Remineralizing Mask; Toner: Michael Todd Blue Green Algae Toner; Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer
The daunting paper-writing is finally over for the summer, time to de-stress!

Fresh flowers from my boyfriend for our 2 year anniversary

Perfect for my coffee table :)

xo <3


No comments:

Post a Comment