Friday 5 September 2014

Berry Breakfast Smoothie


Lately I've been trying to get out of a "bad food binge".  Diet-wise, this summer was probably the worst I've ever treated my insides.  I wouldn't eat before a shift at work and I wouldn't get off until 2AM, when the only place still open was McDonalds.  It turned into a vicious cycle and I would wake up the next morning feeling absolutely wrecked because of my lack of proper nourishment and dehydration.  I had zero energy, I was surviving off of espresso shots and lets not even discuss my skin situation.  

I think a lot of us forget how good our bodies are actually supposed to feel.  Part of my plan for this September is to start eating better and what better way to start with a tasty breakfast?  

This one is great for all of you who are on a budget because it only actually has 4 ingredients.  

Just blend together ice, a whole banana, frozen berries, and almond milk.  I like to top mine with fresh blueberries.  That's it.  I'm probably one of the last people I know to hop on the almond milk train on account of how skeptical I was about the taste but it really just tastes like, well, almonds.  I think I'm slowly going to switch over and start putting it in my tea as well.  Other than the milk in my tea, I don't drink milk or use it for anything else.

Heck, you can add protein to this smoothie, chia seeds, hemp hearts and all that healthy shit if you wanted.  Great for all you kiddies goin' back to school or for those who are looking to put a little more effort into your health and daily routine.

Have I mentioned I've also started running again?  What's gotten into me...



Cheers, m'dears xo.

3 comments:

  1. Yumm!! I just got chia seeds but have yet to use them in a smoothie. I hafta remember to add them next time. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I love smoothies. I have had similar diet-wise problems. You are not alone!! Tonight that changed, haha! Fixed up my first "macro bowl" of the year with loads of veggies and beans and nom. So proud of myself and can't wait for tomorrow's good-food choices. Maybe even this smoothie???!! Gotta stay positive, right? Cheers girl!!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! I make one very similar- it's too delicious! I've just found your blog and it's amazing, I'll be keeping up to date from now on xox

    ReplyDelete