Thursday 4 September 2014

Fall Beauty Edit Pt 1: Lips and Nails






This year, I thought I'd do a series of "Fall Edits" to highlight some of the new products I'll be incorporating into my routine this fall.  For Autumn 2014, I plan on styling a very basic, monochrome wardrobe with some blood-red beauty bits.

My first pick is a product that I actually purchased back in the Spring; Lime Crime Cosmetics released their Clueless Witch Collection back in March and come release day, I was fumbling with my keyboard desperately trying to get my hands on one of the new Velvetines.  I knew right off the bat that the deep, blue-toned blood red Velvetine Matte Lip Color in Wicked was the one for me.  

I loved the long-lasting formula so much that I couldn't wait until Fall and actually wore it a couple of times this Summer.  P.S. You'll need a very efficient makeup remover to get this stuff off, unless that smear-y Joker look is what you're going for.  Here I paired it with a little bit of MAC Patina Eyeshadow and lashings of mascara for a quick, yet mysterious Fall look.  





For nails, I saw this brand new ruby red color by Essie in the drugstore and since I picked it up, I haven't been able to find it again.  Unfortunately it comes off as a much brighter red on camera but don't be fooled, Essie's Macks is blood red, like the kind that Morticia would wear.



Let me know what you think of these in the comments!  I'll be making more Fall Edits so keep an eye out for those.
P. S . In case you're wondering what the book in the second picture is, it's a handmade, leather-bound copy of Bram Stoker's Dracula that Tristan and I found in a little shop.  Flawlessly creepy.

Click here to check out LimeCrime's Velvetines.
xo


3 comments:

  1. Ooh I love this lipstick! It's gorgeous, especially for autumn!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhh. You sold me on the Lime Crime Velvetines. I must have it! It looks stunning on you! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the idea of this; highlighting new products you'll choose for fall!! The Lime Criem Velvetine is something I have been looking at for a while now, I LOVE the cool-blue undertone, too! I also love the idea of matching your lips with your nails! You look great! Pale girls ROCK a red and mono-chromatic wardrobe. Let's kill it this fall, yah? :D :D :D

    Can't wait to see more!!
    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva

    ReplyDelete