Tuesday 12 November 2013

seattle haul


This weekend T and I headed down to Seattle just to get away from it all and boy was it nice.  I didn't take any school work with me and we simply left all our cares behind.  We didn't have too much of a plan other than to do whatever we wanted to do but one thing we both agreed on is that we wanted to shop.
While we were there I managed to find the few things I was looking for plus a few little nice surprises.


For beauty products I picked up a few things that I've been coveting lately, namely the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in #13 Peach Passion.  I never wear any pink lipsticks, nevermind ones that are slightly peachy, I just never found that they suited my colouring.  I don't own any of the YSL lipsticks but I've only heard amazing reviews so I picked this one up and I was not disappointed.  It's super creamy and one swipe gives you perfect coverage.  I needed a new blush because mine was bright pink, slightly out of season and not to mention, it's currently in a million little pieces.  Because Sephora was having the 20% off for VIB cardholders, I picked up the Nars Blush in Seduction. It's a dark plum color which at first glance is rather intimidating, but you only use a small amount and when blended in properly, it gives you a nice flush of color, perfect for the colder months. 

While I was down there, I promised myself to find a new makeup storage unit considering that my current "storage unit" consists of a large, clear, plastic tupperware-esque container that I rummage through in the mornings.  I hit up The Container Store and picked up this awesome storage unit with a removable lipstick holder.  Now I'll be able to actually see all my makeup, which is nice.

I was also in desperate need of some new brushes and looked in quite a few places for the Real Techniques ones.  I finally found the limited edition dual fiber ones at Ulta Beauty and also picked up their blush brush and a Japonesque eyeshadow brush while I was at it.


I was pretty disappointed with the cosmetics sections at the Targets that we went to namely because they didn't have anything that I had been looking for.  While walking up and down the aisles however, I dis manage to find two gorgeous nail polishes from Essie. The red glittery one is called Toggle To The Top and will probably be on my nails for the entire month of December and the second one is a deep, forest green called Stylenomics.  Everyone is busy raving about Essie's new dark navy color but I'm more of a green girl myself and can't wait to try this one out.
  


For clothing, I picked up a super thick-knit cozy pullover sweater from Urban Outfitters from the brand Cooperative.  It looked so comfy that I couldn't resist wearing it on our last day there and I paired it with my Zara Tartan Scarf.



 If you know me, you'll know that I'm obsessed with Christmas.  I've been watching Christmas movies for over a week, my twinkle lights are up in my room and I made several Christmas-themes purchases this weekend no shame.  I looove the Dark-Chocolate Covered Minty Marshmallows from Trader Joes, my mom usually gets my a box for my stocking but I couldn't wait.  Also from Urban Outfitters I got a new pair of slipper boots, they're fuzzy with reindeer and Christmas trees on them so I don't need to explain those.  Target had lots of awesome Christmas stuff in the guys section and I got a pair of PJ pants with my favorite Christmas special on them, Charlie Brown!  And of course I grabbed some classic Christmas DVDs for my apartment cause you can't go wrong with those.



 Sorry about the blur in the bottom corner, Pinecone couldn't resist playing with her new stocking that I picked up for her from Target!  It's so cute and fuzzy and has jingle bells!  I couldn't leave it behind...even though T rolled his eyes and called her a little turd.
See! She loves it already!

We had such an amazing time, I didn't take any pictures because we were in the shops a lot and just busy doing things.  We had some amazing food and some good laughs and hopefully we'll go back within the year :)



6 comments:

  1. Sweet haul! More excited for Christmas after seeing ur pics :)
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously loving that Zara scarf! Totally looking for one this weekend. That blush looks gorgeous as well...seems like a pretty successful shopping trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I'm not sure they still have the same color but they came out with another one that has super dark plaid and it's really nice as well, let me know if you find it! :D

      Delete
  3. What lipstick are you wearing in these photos? Looks beautiful on you! I'll have to get my hands on Toggle to the Top & Pinecone is an awesome name. Love her stocking. I wonder if they had one for dogs??

    atelier zozo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm wearing the Rimmel Kate Moss #107 Matte lipstick, it's amazing! Ill definitely be making a post of Toggle to the Top probably the first week of December.
      They did have one for dogs! It said woof on it :) I couldn't find a link of it for you but you may still be able to find one. Otherwise, they have nice monogram stockings and you could get one with your dog's initial :)

      Delete