Wednesday 27 November 2013

Holiday Transitions featuring MAC

I haven't bought anything from MAC for about 2 years now.  Why?  The last thing I purchased from them was a lipstick that looked great on me in the store but once I got home the color looked horrible on me and it was really drying on my lips and just left a horrible taste in my mouth (literally and figuratively).
Yet after seeing some of my favorite bloggers talk about MAC products on their pages and in tutorials I couldn't resist going in to take a peek.

The first thing I gravitated toward was their lipstick counter.  I was looking for a lipstick to wear around the holidays that wasn't a red (I've got plenty of those).  I tried on the MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Craving and was immediately sold.  It looks like a basic berry-toned neutral but when it's on the lips it's a gorgeous deep and sultry rose color.  It's not the slightest bit drying either and glides on as smoothly as a lip balm.  Perfect for everyday use, I'm hooked.



The other item I purchased was the MAC Eyeshadow in the color Sable
It's labelled as one of their "Frost" shadows so it's got a nice satin-y sheen to it, perfect as a stand alone color on the lid or as a blending color for a holiday smoky eye.  I was also really impressed with how well it blends and you can build up the color to make it a little more intense.


Looks like I've seriously underestimated the power of some of MAC's products.  Hopefully I'll hit them up again in the new year!
Have you tried either of these products? Let me know what you think!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I have a love/hate relationship with MAC. Possibly more so than with any other brand. That lipstick picture and your description of it make me want it soooo bad though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I would never purchase any of their face products, I think they're a little too heavy for me. I LOVE this lipstick, it's not really a "statement" color but because my skin is so pale it really pops. If you just want it to be a more "your lips but better" color you can dab it on and rub it in with your fingers :) So, to a fellow "light skin tone/brunette" gal, I really recommend it! ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that you re-found mac. I think I'm the only person to say I've NEVER had a mac product! Crazy, right!? xx

    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Craving is a beautiful lip colour!
    xx

    http://fallenfeathersbeautyblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete