Thursday 14 November 2013

An Autumn Nail

Fall and winter is the time to lean toward a deeper palette, one filled with navy, plum, oxblood and black.  If you know me, you'll know that the majority of my wardrobe consists of black and I'm notorious for saying "oh but it looks better in black...".



This fall however, I've been loving subtle touches of deep, dark green.  I know this color isn't new but Essie brought out the Stylenomics polish last autumn or the one before and it was that one shade that I kept passing by and thinking "nahh, not this time".  While I was in Seattle I decided to venture a little bit and picked one up and I ended up loving it!
I find that with a lot of the Essie polishes it's really hard to make them look nice and they often show up really streaky on the nails.  This one looked horribly streaky and off-color until I applied my second coat.  If you ask me, I think it came out pretty nice considering that it's a pretty dark polish.


The verdict? I love it and I'm kicking myself for not grabbing one last year.  If you're not into navy (which is really popular with nail polishes this season), go for green!  From afar it looks really dark, almost black but this is the time to go dark and step outside of your comfort zone.
Let me know if you try it and how you like it :)



3 comments: