Saturday 19 April 2014

Where the hell have I been // Blog Update


Hello, my name is Jessie and it has been 1 1/2 months since my last blog post.  Before you all consider me a slacker and think me uninterested, allow me to explain.

Newsflash #1: A month and a half ago, my apartment flooded.  It was ugly, it was damp, it was...moist.  I had to move out and I lived out of home for a month.  This is my first week back in my apartment, which just so happens to coincide with my final exams.  P.S. Living out of a suitcase does not an excellent blogger make.

Newsflash #2:  These are my last university exams and I am graduating this Spring!  As of late, I have been swamped with papers and late-night studying but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's beautiful. 

Newsflash #3:  I have so much to share with you.  I've missed blogging terribly; it had grown to be something quite therapeutic for me and I hope to be posting much more regularly within the next few weeks.  I have recently managed to haul some beauty and fashion items and have been putting them to the test and let me tell ya, some of them are pretty spectacular.

Newsflash #4: Much to my delight (and everyone else's chagrin), Vancouver is not yet in Spring.  The days here are still cold and rainy, requiring sweaters and toques.  Unfortunately, it cannot stay winter forever, which goes for beauty products as well.  I have retired my oxblood lipsticks for some more "pinky-peachy, spring-appropriate" tones.  I refuse, however, to give up on the black wardrobe.  Some things can be converted, right?

I'm very excited to be getting back to blogging, even making this post has put a smile on my face.

I'm also hoping to revamp my blog layout so if anyone has any tips or tricks, let me know!

Happy Easter!
xo




3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your apartment flooding! That sounds horrible.. Focusing on the positive; congratulations on your upcoming graduation! I hope life slows down after that, and you can continue your therapy-blogging! I had three months working non-stop and had to stop blogging so I know what you mean by having SO much to share. You've just got all these ideas floating around but no time (and I had no energy) to get things written/photographed/edited.

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm sorry for the late reply but I read this comment while I was out (and extremely stressed) and my face just lit up!
      Somebody understands! Reading blogs like yours and lovely comments give me motivation :D

      Delete
  2. Gee, someone we both know well told me spring arrived in Vancouver in February ;) He loves to compare his lovely weather with my never-ending winter.

    Sorry to hear about your apartment, but happy things are getting back to normal. Best of luck with your finals!

    ReplyDelete