Friday 25 April 2014

happy friday


As I write this post, I should really be studying for the last final of my degree.  Instead of reading about viking sagas, my eyes are glued to the pages of the newest edition of Glamour magazine while Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby plays on my laptop in the background for what must surely be the hundredth time.  Quite similarly to Blair Waldorf's obsession with Breakfast at Tiffany's, whenever I'm feeling helplessly blue or the exact opposite, I throw on either the Gatsby film or the flawless soundtrack and instantly feel extremely glamorous in my sweatpants.

I also decided to light my new candle from Bath and Body Works called London Calling: Tea with Lemon which smells exactly like lemon iced tea.  However, once you light it, the smell warms up and is actually quite comforting.  It said 'London' on it, it wasn't like I could leave it in the store...
I topped off this perfect set-up with a fresh, ripe mango.  Who says Fridays need to be spent out on the town?

I've also got some big changes in mind for the blog!  Procrastinating for my exams has proved very productive in the blog planning domain.  It's hard to produce good blog material when you're not entirely satisfied with the way things look.  Seeing as how spring is a time for changes, I thought it would be very fitting.  Keep an eye out for that, and have an amazing weekend!

xo.


1 comment:

  1. I literally just LOL'd at your "It said 'London' on it, it wasn't like I could leave it in the store..." because I had a similar situation when I found the Bath & Body Works travel series. I sniffed all of them for like 15 minutes and finally narrowed it down. Finally I couldn't decide if I wanted the London or Paris one more, which led to me walking away from both because I could not afford the lot, WAH. What I really hoped for was an Amsterdam one, because I'm from Holland.

    Good luck on your exams!! It can be SO stressful trying to juggle everything! Will be looking out for the blog changes, you're so right about not wanting to post when you're not happy with the look of things!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete