Tuesday 15 July 2014

Top Essie Summer Polishes



I recently had to hide my favorite blood-red nail polish in a drawer to keep myself from using it weekly seeing as how people were starting to comment on how "it's not winter, Jessie, give it up".  Not that I'm concerned with what other people think but I did think it was time to switch over to some lighter shades...temporarily.

Clockwise from top left, I have Essie's Mint Candy Apple, a favorite that I've had for years; it's that perfect "Tiffany Blue" and can really emphasize a tan (if you're lucky enough to have one).  Essie's Topless and Barefoot is great for making your phalanges appear longer; it's definitely my "Duchess Kate" polish, everyone has one, right?

The gorgeous peachy-pink is Essie's Van D'Go; this one takes a little more effort for an even application but once you've got it on, it's the perfect summer pink.  Not to mention it looks amazing as a pedicure pick.  Essie's Peach Daiquiri is definitely a brighter one; it's somewhere between a hot pink and a raspberry red.  This one is a great bright polish for those of you who like me, can't wear colours with a yellow undertone such as orange-y reds.  Last is a year-long favorite, Essie's Lilacism; this pastel periwinkle is just adorable in my opinion.  Sometimes I'll even do Lilacism with Van D'Go or Mint Candy Apple on my ring fingers.  Sign me up for the next My Little Pony convention...just kidding, interesting bunch those "My Little Pony People"...very interesting.

What are your favorite nail colours for summer?  Let me know in the comments!
xo
P.S. Summer is officially halfway over-ish.  Rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment