Sunday 9 February 2014

Holy Grail Nails




It's not often that I find products that I can swear by and dub as my "Holy Grail".  When it comes to makeup, I'm still in the process of trying new things but with regards to my nails, I can without a doubt say that I will never stray from these products.

I've been using the Original OPI Nail Envy for about 2 years now and I'm probably on my 3rd or 4th bottle.  I used to have very dry and brittle nails that were always peeling and I thought that the only remedy was to get gel nails.  I bought this bottle on a whim one day and I was not disappointed.  It's marketed as a nail treatment, meaning that you paint 2 coats on bare, clean nails and then another coat every other day for about a week.  I used this when I had my gel nails removed and my nails were back to being thick and healthy in no time.  Now, I'll apply 2 coats as a smooth base for my polish and I don't remember the last time I broke a nail.  This bottle is quite pricey but worth it if your nails break often.

I found that when I used the OPI as a top coat, my nails were tacky for hours and not as shiny as I'd hoped they'd be.  Then I found Essie's Good To Go Fast Drying Top Coat.  This stuff is amazing and allows me to paint my nails at nighttime without waking up with my bedsheets having made imprints on my nails.  It also adds a shellac-like shine and can be reapplied throughout the week to remedy dulling nails.  Bonus, it's the same price as the Essie polishes.

Wearing Essie Polish in Lilacism



3 comments:

  1. I just love this shade its so pretty like a violet love it <3 x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    Damaris £100 Lingerie Giveaway! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Jenny! P.S. Keep up the great work ;) xo

      Delete
  2. I also got Good to Go and must admit I am charmed by how it works. It is an absolute must have for my nail polish collection now!

    ReplyDelete